[Sca-cooks] Commercial Almond Milk

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 28 22:05:31 PST 2006

Duriel asked:
====
Has anyone used one of the commercial almond milks (Pacific Foods or
Blue Diamond) for a feast?

    Seems like a great way to save time and improve the period
authenticity of dishes.
====

I can't remember if we've discussed those particular brands, but I
seem to remember discussion on substitutes and easy ways to make
almond milk in our previous discussions. Take a look at this file in
the FOOD section of the Florilegium:

almond-milk-msg   (88K)  9/ 7/04    Making almond milk. Recipes.
Deskinning nuts
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/almond-milk-msg.html

Stefan
--------