[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 36, Issue 2

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Mon May 1 12:06:11 PDT 2006

To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org

Are you doing kosher? Are you serving dairy or meat? I have a lovely lovely
Passover chocolate/coffee roll which has whipped cream filling...
     Devra

Devra Langsam

Thank you so much for you suggestion it sounds divine. No I am not doing kosher. Its just that I am trying to show inheritances in Spanish cooking prior to the discovery of America in the menu for the dinner after my speech. The first course is Catalan, the the second is Hispano Islamic and for dessert I have bunuelos or fritters (Roman) stuffed with orange and lemon peels (an Persian innovation). They have requested I provide a recipe another dessert and I think a Jewish one would be perfect to round off the subject BUT NO CHOCOLATE ALLOWED! Pity as all Hispanos adore it but I use American ingredients as talk ends in 1470. I know many of you are not in agreement with me that I think there is a possibility that I could use coffee but this recipe sounds post 1470???
Cheers,
Suey