[Sca-cooks] Re: Luncheon Question

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Thu May 4 14:40:29 PDT 2006

Elisabetta,

Thanks for your suggestions!  What I mean is not actual foods eaten in
period taverns, but food that could be served at an event's "lunch tavern,"
which is mainly what you have given me.  :)

My idea is to provide period food in an accessible manner to try to get
folks past the "period food is yucky" mentality that still seems to exist
despite the excellent feasts that are produced.

Plus, I'm getting tired of the lunch selection of cold lunch meats, greasy
soups, big hunks of cheese and hard-boiled eggs...

My question on things that might especially appeal to the younger crowd
still applies.

Thanks again!

 -Helena