[Sca-cooks] mini? popovers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 4 23:05:38 PDT 2006

Gunthar said:

(Tomorrow I'm cooking her a Greek dish of beef browned
in olive oil with good green olives and ripe tomatoes added.
Covered and simmered for two hours. I"m also making
homemade cornbread to go with it since she brought me
a cast iron muffin tin. Or maybe I'll make mini-popovers.)
<<<<

Are you talking about doing these "mini-popovers" in this same cast
iron muffin tin?

If so, why are you saying *mini* popovers? I thought popovers were
traditionally done in standard sized muffin pans. That's how I
remember having them in restaurants and making them once or twice
myself. There was a restaurant near Dallas Love Field, the old
airport, that I think was called Jay's Seafood Restaurant, or some
such. Hey, this was back in the 60s, so I'm not sure.  I think my
family used to simply call it "Jay's". They had wonderful popovers
with green onions in them which they'd bring around to the tables.

Ummm. I may just have to try some pop-overs again. Maybe I can figure
out how to keep them from collapsing, unlike most of the ones from Jays.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com