[Sca-cooks] mini? popovers

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri May 5 20:56:24 PDT 2006

>If so, why are you saying *mini* popovers? I thought popovers were
>traditionally done in standard sized muffin pans.

>Stefan

I would have said that they were traditionally done in cast iron pans
of about the same dimensions as muffin pans.

Currently, several companies produce "popover pans" of fairly light
metal with a nonstick coating. They are quite inefficiently designed
in terms of number of popovers per square foot of oven space--much
inferior to the traditional design. For some reason their standard
size is substantially larger than a traditional popover pan and their
"minipopover" pans are about what I think of as standard size.

I have one old traditional pan, one new, nonstick, large size modern
pan. The popovers routinely stick to the latter. I recently bid on a
traditional pan on ebay, but I don't think I won it--I should try
another.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com