[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon May 22 10:54:51 PDT 2006

At 10:42 AM 5/22/2006, you wrote:

>Another classic error I've seen possibly constituting "bad cooking" is the
>inclusion of a single or couple of ingredients in every dish in a menu, or
>so many that your feast becomes referred to as "that garlic feast".  Then,
>there is the faux pas of cooking the dish that every feast for three
>months has included, and of which people are tired.  It may be more "bad
>planning" on both counts, but it is part of the "cooking" task of
>preparing a feast.

Oh yes! I remember all too well a feast many years ago that had raisins in
EVERYTHING. By the mid-point of the meal, we had gone from joking about
'rabbit turds' to flicking them at each other with spoons. The unfortunate
thing is that I don't remember anything else about the feast- it may well
have been a lovely meal in other respects, but it was only memorable for
that one thing...

'Lainie