[Sca-cooks] cress sandwiches

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed May 24 07:44:29 PDT 2006

On 5/24/06, Volker Bach <carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:

> or something. whatever...
>
> actually, I bought cress seeds at the local supermarket for a lark and
> tossed
> them in a pot next to my catnip, pennyroyal and rue, and they're growing
> nicely. Which is kind of embarrassing since I have no idea what I'm
> supposed
> to do with them. Does the green stuff go on sandwiches? Do I put it in
> salad?
> Are there some kinds of gourmet recipe I've never heard of?
>
> Help appreciated
>
> Giano

Keep them fairly damp, and use them wherever you'd use fresh raw greens.
They're OK on sandwiches, and great as part of a salad. Nice tangy peppery
taste. Also a pretty garnish. Can be thrown in a stir fry at the last
second, so they're just barely warmed- otherwise, they wilt and go soggy and
a bit stringy.