[Sca-cooks] re:lemon pie recipe

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 12:43:43 PDT 2006

--- Marcha <nigsdaughter at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> This is oop but a life long friend of mine has asked help in finding a milk based lemon pie
> recipe. His Mother made one but the recipe is lost in the mists of time. I  would also be
> interested.  I do not like the regular lemon pie recipes (truth be told, can't stand meringue)
> so any help would be greatly appreciated by both of us.
> Bertha

Here is a lemon buttermilk pie:

4 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted
grated peel of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 baked 9-inch pie shell

In a large mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar until light and lemon-colored.
Beat in flour, then buttermilk, melted butter, lemon peel, lemon juice,
and vanilla. Pour mixture into pie shell.  Bake in a 375° oven for 25 minutes,
or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on rack.
Makes one 9-inch buttermilk pie, or about 8 servings.

Huette