[Sca-cooks] My Menu for Ian and Katherine's Last Championships, May 13th

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue May 9 14:42:23 PDT 2006

On May 9, 2006, at 5:18 PM, Michael Gunter wrote:

> It looks great. I'd love to try it or even do a feast
> with things like duck and bunny. (Heh, my squires
> forcibly dragged me away from the Scarborough
> Fair petting zoo last weekend. Little tender piggies
> and pullets and bunnies...oh my. Evidently I was
> upsetting the kids and my squires' ladies.)
>
> How many are you cooking for?

Maybe 75. It's a little unclear. I got good deals on the pork for the
brawn, and the rabbits, and we were originally thinking of 100
people, so I bought lots of those. Now that it's pretty close to the
day, and we haven't got nearly that many paid reservations, I'm
scaling back the quantities somewhat, so I got only a dozen ducks,
which is probably more than we need, but they were also cheap ($1.69/
lb). The primary menu casualty was the leg of lamb, which is running
around $4/lb on the bone, and which we could have swung if I thought
we'd sell out. It became whole beef sirloins, and I can buy two or
three of them, depending on how many reservations we have on
Thursday, for $1.99/lb, boneless, and cut them into thick steaks and
grill them. Not the same, but they shouldn't suck, either.

> What kind of budget do you have?

I'm told I have about $11 a head (actually 13 or 14, but that
includes dayboard, which the lovely and talented Mistress Andrea is
handling), so I'm imposing that limit on my spending.

> Wish I could help, it sounds like fun.

We have a veritable army of cooks and servers, but we're trying to
keep it all very laid back (although they tell me I get very intense
when working), so what's one more body? I just hope we have enough
people to eat the feast... heck, why don't you come and just enjoy
the feast?

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04