[Sca-cooks] Eastern Medicinal Sweet

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 11 23:55:33 PST 2006

Lady Cecilia de Cambrige asked:
<<<     I found this recipe in An Anonymous Andalusian Cookbook of the
Thirteenth Century.  Has anyone experimented with it?  (I'm currently
collecting medicinal foods from the 12th-14th centuries.) >>>

Are you considering writing a paper or A&S documentation on these
medicinal foods you are collecting? If so, I'd love to have it for
the Florilegium.

In the meantime, I've just added this file to the FOOD section of the
Florilegium. It is mostly a list of individual ingredients and how
they were used medicinally in period, but perhaps some of the
comments or the bibliography might be of use in your research.

Medicinal-Fds-art (14K) 10/18/06    "Medicinal Foods of the Middle
Ages" by
                                        Marija and Petr Kotok.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Medicinal-Fds-art.html

Stefan