[Sca-cooks] Platina and Monte Bianco/Mont Blanc aux Marrons (sp?)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 26 21:22:43 PST 2006

Ld. Cian O'Madadhain asked:
<<< On the Chef2Chef forums, someone asked about a recipe for Mont
Blanc.
  From what I can gather, it is a dessert using chestnut puree' and
whipped cream.  One of the websites they referenced in turn claims
that the first appearance of a recipe similar to Mont Blanc appeared
in Giovanni Platina's "Honest Cook."  I've looked on the web as best
as I could to find a reference/translation of the recipe, but haven't
been able to find one, yet.

Does anyone on the list have a translation of the recipe I could
peruse?  >>>

A medieval recipe for this does not show up for this in the
Florilegium, however this comment does in the file on chestnuts,
chestnuts-msg     (30K)  3/29/06    Medieval harvesting and use of
chestnuts.
                                        Roasting. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/chestnuts-msg.html

======