[Sca-cooks] Revolts and economics was Spices for preservationof meats

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 29 18:49:37 PST 2006

Real wages means wages adjusted for inflation against a baseline wage so
that an accurate comparison can be made.  Real wages can be used to create a
ratio with the cost of living adjusted for inflation to give some idea of
the relative prosperity of any group that can be isolated from the data.
When the cost of living exceeds the real wage by a significant percentage,
the average wage earner is usually losing ground economically.

While real income is often used as an equivalent of real wages, it actually
covers income from all sources and is trickier to determine.  For example,
monies earned from criminal activity are income, but they don't usually show
up in official figures unless they can be laundered.

Bear