[Sca-cooks] Red Wine for Game Marinade

JohnKemker john at kemker.org
Sat Oct 28 12:32:00 PDT 2006

In just a few weeks, I'll be cooking for the Baronial Encampment for
Their Excellencies South Downs.  I have a wide variety of game meats
to prepare and am planning on marinating quite a bit of it prior to
cooking.

I have a recipe from "On Cooking" by Lebenskey, et al with the
following list of ingredients:

Carrots
Onion
Garlic
Thyme
Bay Leaves
Juniper Berries
Peppercorns
Sage
Red Wine
Red Wine Vinegar

I'm looking for suggestions on both the type of red wine I should use,
as well as any suggestions for particular brands that are reasonbly
priced and should do well in the marinade.

--Lord Cian O'Madadhain