[Sca-cooks] Pie Shapers: Was Speaking of Beets

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 8 12:47:46 PDT 2006

Lisa wrote:
> With documentation, I've been told that information as late of 1650 is
> acceptable, because a lot of the stuff published regarding the 16th century
> was published in the very early 17th century.
>
> Elizabeta

I know that many early 1600's sources are used...Digby being one of the
more prominent examples.  We've discussed this in the past...and, with
early 17th c. cookbooks, it's difficult to know whether the recipe is
brand new, or one that had been in use in the 16th c.  So I have to
think that these are acceptable as period.

Kiri

--
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm.
As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help

                        -- Audrey Hepburn