[Sca-cooks] cofyns and pies

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 9 01:03:14 PDT 2006

Cealian commented:
<<<  Cofyns from my understanding didn`t use pans until much later
with the
development of the spring form pan. They were made with a very stiff or
thick pastry like making a clay pot into which the ingredients were
added
lidded then baked. Now I could be wrong and I could be understating the
premise but mostly the pastry was more a dish then a food item itself.
Shapes you can find square, round, oval, diamond, pretty much what
ever the person wanted .  >>>

For more on this, see some of our previous discussions in this file:
pies-msg         (184K)  7/25/06    Period pie crusts, meat and fruit
pies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/pies-msg.html

Stefan
--------