[Sca-cooks] Cooking as a Hobby, was: Rant: And speaking of cooking equipment...

Vitaliano Vincenzi vitaliano at shanelambert.com
Tue Apr 3 10:35:38 PDT 2007

While your examples below are great, they don't describe hobbies. If an
artist is creating art with the intent to sell, that is NOT a hobby, nor
is the home baker attempting to bake bread to sell at the local bake
shop or coffee house. But that's not a topic for this list, so I will
move into something more on topic.

As far as my cooking period food either at home of during an SCA event
or meeting, that is and always will be a hobby for me, for if it ever
becomes work I will stop doing it - I work enough hours in the day.

Yes, I am cooking a feast for 100 people later this year at our shire's
Autumn Rose event, but for me, even that is considered my hobby. I am
having a lot of fun researching and preparing for this event, and all of
it for the shear enjoyment of it.

Ok, enough, I have more important things to deal with now, like how to
make souvlaki for 100 people with nothing but an open fire pit and a few
roasters... :)

--
Lord Vitaliano Vincenzi
aka Shane Lambert