[Sca-cooks] Rant: And speaking of cooking equipment...

April Page alpage1225 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 3 13:54:32 PDT 2007

Hey, I'm not complaining and I'm certainly not telling him he can't spend the money on it.  It's just that having good equipment is sometimes expensive.  And Lord knows his mise en place skills are much better than mine!  ;)

Vitaliano Vincenzi <vitaliano at shanelambert.com> wrote:
  Now wait a minute, let's leave knives out of this, because a good,
expensive knife is important to have. A $200 knife doesn't seem bad in
my book, though I would prefer if the same quality knife were cheaper.
However, good quality knives have always been expensive, I don't think
this "hobby" business has made them any more expensive. :)

I was just fortunate enough to get a really, really nice 15 piece knife
set with block to store them as a wedding gift, otherwise I wouldn't
have such a nice set. :)