[Sca-cooks] Using local butcher shops

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 3 22:13:03 PDT 2007

Last Friday, Lord Vitaliano mentioned:
<<< We are fortunate in our area to have a traditional butcher shop that
does sell beef, pork, chicken, lamb, and other oddities. All solution
and hormone free stuff too. And the prices compete with the local big
name grocery stores, so 90% of my beef comes from there. In fact, ALL of
the meat for the feast I am doing in September will come from there.>>>

It already sounds like you are making use of your local butcher shop.
However, I thought that this article on building a relationship with
your local butcher might be of interest to you, or perhaps others
here. This was posted by Adamantius back in the early days of this list.

HC-butchers-art   (13K) 10/ 4/97    For Headcooks - How to work with
your local
                                        butcher.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/HC-butchers-art.html

Stefan