[Sca-cooks] Looking for a woodcut

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 4 03:59:45 PDT 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 2:50 AM, Saint Phlip wrote:

> I'll hafta get up and look at it next Pennsic. It just doesn't look
> very stable to me. More than adequate for keeping the pig off the
> ground in the tug-of-war with gravity, but it looks to me like if
> someone brushed against an end, the whole thing would fall down.

I've been wondering about that myself, and whether there's a
combination of stabilizers between the wide "dog" feet and a little
torsion placed on the axle/crossbar when the whole thing is set up.
Look at the exaggerated care with which the joints and their layouts
are depicted; is there any other way it could work, without a sort of
quarter or one-eighth twist as the feet are planted?

Well, okay, I'm sure there is, and maybe the artist wasn't
mechanically inclined, but you get the idea.

Adamantius