[Sca-cooks] Fwd: A.Word.A.Day--albedo

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 16 13:00:50 PDT 2007

I've never seen albedo used for pith, but it does derive from "albus"
meaning white.  I'm more familiar with it as the ratio of the
reflected/scattered light from and object over the amount of light falling
directly on the object.  While it is commonly used to refer to the visible
spectrum, the term "light" means the entire electromagnetic spectrum
(usually called "power" in formal definitions) and the actual ratio is
dependent upon the wavelengths measured.

Bear