[Sca-cooks] 2007 IACP Award Winners Are Announced!

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Apr 16 10:48:41 PDT 2007

 From Johnnae--
This past weekend in Chicago, the International Association of Culinary
Professionals (IACP) announced this year's IACP Cookbook Award Winners.
2007 IACP Award Winners **********

AMERICAN CATEGORY

The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and
Would-be Southerners
by Matt Lee and Ted Lee

BREAD, OTHER BAKING, AND SWEETS CATEGORY

Bread Matters: The State of Modern Bread and a Definitive Guide to
Baking Your Own
by Andrew Whitley

CHEFS AND RESTAURANTS CATEGORY: CALIFORNIA TABLE GRAPE COMMISSION AWARD

Allegra's Color Cookbook
by Allegra Mcevedy

COMPILATIONS CATEGORY

All New Complete Cooking Light Cookbook
by Cooking Light magazine

FIRST BOOK: THE JULIA CHILD AWARD

The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and
Would-be Southerners
by Matt Lee and Ted Lee

FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY AND STYLING CATEGORY

Simple Chinese Cooking
by Kylie Kwong
Photographer: Earl Carter

FOOD REFERENCE/TECHNICAL CATEGORY--TIE
Reference books of culinary terms, histories, techniques or ingredients.

Modern Garde Manger by Robert Garlough

AND
The Spice And Herb Bible, Second Edition
by Ian Hemphill

GENERAL CATEGORY

The Improvisational Cook by Sally Schneider

HEALTH AND SPECIAL DIET CATEGORY

Lunch Lessons: Changing the Way We Feed Our Children
by Ann Cooper and Lisa Holmes

INTERNATIONAL CATEGORY: THE LE CORDON BLEU AWARD

Cradle of Flavor: Home Cooking from the Spice Islands of Indonesia,
Singapore and Malaysia by James Oseland

LITERARY FOOD WRITING CATEGORY: THE CUISINART AWARD

My Life in France
by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme

SINGLE SUBJECT CATEGORY

Passion for Ice Cream: 95 Recipes for Fabulous Desserts
by Emily Luchetti

WINE, BEER, OR SPIRITS CATEGORY

What to Drink with What You Eat: The Definitive Guide to Pairing Food
with Wine, Beer, Spirits, Coffee, Tea - Even Water - Based on Expert
Advice from America's Best Sommeliers
by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page

DESIGN AWARD
Au Pied De Cochon: the album
Authors: Martin Picard and Jean-Francois Boily

JANE GRIGSON AWARD

Memories of Philippine Kitchens
by Amy Besa and Romy Dorotan

2007 COOKBOOK OF THE YEAR