[Sca-cooks] odd feast I went to

Lady Orla Carey orla at lady.sca.org
Thu Apr 19 13:53:45 PDT 2007

We were also at this feast and I have to say it was not my favorite.  The
veggies were all served cold and seemed to be more of a garnish then
anything else.  On the other hand some people like that type feast and to
his credit the event flyer did list that the feast would be "meat heavy"
so I guess vegetarians knew not to plan on eatting feast.

As far as I can tell no one got butter for the bread and this seems to be
the thing I see commented most about this feast.

The way we handled the dish overload issue was that the bread bowl ended
up on our cooler (luckily we were at the end of a row of tables so we
could have the cooler nearby).  As each dish was passed people took what
the wanted and as soon as we could consolidate dishes we did - ending up
with one platter with the remains of all the dishes (except the peas which
ended up in someone's bowl) and the other platters stacked underneath.

Orla