[Sca-cooks] Life Was... Hi all!

rattkitten rattkitten at hughes.net
Thu Apr 19 19:31:24 PDT 2007

Well I got divorced, got/getting remarried, tore cartlidge in my knee
during cooking class (Never jump even a itty bitty bush when running
with kids...you are not as young as you think), had knee surgery on said
knee, bought a house/land, bought 2 new cars (ok truck and car),
planning an SCA wedding for May, and many things that go along with all
of that... As far as cooking goes... well I am still a Chef at the
Private School, and I have been reading alot... Haven't had time to Cook
a feast but I kinda was expecting that when I left the list as I knew
that this would be a time of rebuilding and building.  I am extremely
happy now, and ready to get back to cooking and playing with my food ;)
(As soon as this wedding is over...)

So yep a Pirate Ship.  Must confess that we saw it at a local grocery
store but I want to make it all edible not use the plastic pieces they
had.  I'll break period and use chocolate because it is a medium that I
really liked when I built that house.  And sad to say that there won't
be any Marzipan for the same reason you wouldn't have it on your cake.
(I don't like the taste either... ;) )

Probably will use sugar paste and make a Creme Flamingo and a Pegasus
since those are our arms that we want. As far as pictures go well as I
was saying I don't really have any since I haven't been doing any...
Although I did do a really yummy Creme Brulee Pie topped with Toasted
Peeps. If I can get it scanned I'll email you a picture.

Our Son is growing like a weed, he is 4 1/2 now.  We split custody
literally... I get him for a week and then she gets him for a week.
That's is about all for me for about 2 years... How's about you?  Where
are your pics?  Where ya been? and Whatcha up to?

Hugs
Nichola