[Sca-cooks] Other list

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Apr 22 23:44:19 PDT 2007

On 4/23/07, Wanda Pease <wandap at hevanet.com> wrote:
> I've been a member of the Medieval Encampments list almost since it's
> beginning under Mistress Mira Silverlock (who is happily settled down to
> being the mother she has always wanted to be, but the cards didn't stack up
> right until the last few years).
>
> You did get in at a particularly bad time Gunthar.  I think that the how to
> make a CostCo Garage look period hit someone on a sensitive spot and they
> freaked.  The rest of the list went off the deep end and wallowed around for
> a while.  Same thing happens with costume lists every once in a while when
> someone mentions velour or any of the other dead dinosaur fabrics.  Then
> someone eats their chocolate and the world comes back into perspective.
>
> Medieval Encampments was never meant to be Authenticity city.  It was
> supposed to be devoted to making your encampment better, one step at a time
> and it does that mostly.

I've got to agree, from what I've seen, Gunthar. While I do disagree
with Wanda on the garage shelters, having weathered out a couple of
Pennsic blowhards in mine, properly staked, of course,, they really
aren't usually as aggressive as they appeared at that point. I didn't
get a single complaint when I was discussing turning a modern canvas
tarp into a wedge tent, although admitedly I didn't get any
suggestions as to a paint I could use to decorate it a bit. Think I'm
going to try cheapy Walmart spray paint, see how that works.

Meantime, today I picked up a wooden vise that, if not provably
period, will at least look good AND be functional with the period
style smithy I'm trying to put together. Might still put a green belt
on it, so everybody will know it's my apprentice ;-)

Hey, no reason we have to take ourselves TOO seriously ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

HIPAA Penalties

42USC1320d-6 Wrongful disclosure of individually identifiable health information

(a) Offense

A person who knowingly and in violation of this part-

(1) uses or causes to be used a unique health identifier;

(2) obtains individually identifiable health information relating to
an individual; or

(3) discloses individually identifiable health information to another person,

shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(b) Penalties

A person described in subsection (a) shall-

(1) be fined not more than $50,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both;