[Sca-cooks] Is anyone familiar with this source?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 24 05:50:47 PDT 2007

This is a classic text on the evolution of milling technology.  You should
find the information on rotary mills of particular interest as this was the
standard milling technology from Late Antiquity until the developement of
roller mills in the 19th Century.  For those interested, Ox-Bow Books has an
edition for around $20.

You might also want to check out Watts, Martin, The Archeology of Mills and
Milling, also available from Ox-Bow.

Bear