[Sca-cooks] Is this a wine myth?

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 08:19:01 PDT 2007

>>As for keeping it from going 'off', sanitized equipment and containers will
be quite adequate if bottling technique is sound.  I had been bottling mead
and wine for years, and had bottles go 5 years in bottle without any sign of
spoilage.  Few made it that long, or longer before being drunk.  I had a
brewing/vinting companion open 10 year old bottles with nary a sign of
spoilage . . . a little old and not at its peak, but not spoiled by any
means.<<

OT a bit -

Last Passover we found a 25-year old bottle of kosher "vintage" grape juice. After some debate wether we should sell it on E-Bay or drink it we decided to drink it. It was actaully very good! Very dry and we could not tell if it was acoholic or not.

Renata