[Sca-cooks] Fermentation Sponge Question

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Apr 3 08:22:18 PDT 2007

It's a fascinating book, but there's definitely a bias in it related to
handwork and bread quality. Basically what you would expect from a male
academic in 1940-- handmade bread is icky because people are touching it
and sweating and so on, and the primary goal of all society and all
people is to avoid physical labor because that's icky too.
Interestingly enough, I don't think he gives details about kneading
troughs and other large-scale bread kneading gadgets.
-- Jadwiga