[Sca-cooks] Looking for a woodcut

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:28:04 PDT 2007

A while back I saw a woodcut of a period camp spit setup.
It basically resembled a sawhorse with the horizontal bar
having pots hanging from it and then along one side of the
legs there were hooks which held spits upon which birds
and sausages were roasting.

I've looked all over and can't find the bloody thing now.
I'm working with some folk here in Ansteorra on building
a couple. The design is simple but I would like to find this
thing to use as a reference. Does anyone have this or
know where I could find it?

I may be creating a temporary email list to coordinate ideas
and get meetings scheduled to build this.

It would be nice to have because now I'm working on doing
a class on cooking period food outdoors in as period materials
as I can find.

Yers,

Gunthar