[Sca-cooks] Rant: And speaking of cooking equipment...

rattkitten rattkitten at hughes.net
Tue Apr 3 20:20:20 PDT 2007

> On Apr 3, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Vitaliano Vincenzi wrote:
> Snip
>
> ... and I won't even pick up a knife that alleges never to need
> sharpening unless I'm cutting cardboard, styrofoam or something like
> that.

AMEN MY FRIEND AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> ...  I
> suspect this may be achieved at some slight expense of quality, or
> maybe a better way of saying it would be that all available design
> resources should be devoted to designing good knives, not good sets.
> I do have a nice block for my unmatched knives, though...

Grin ya know we don't always agree but I think I have just felt a twinge
of bonding there... ;)
I have never found a set that I liked completely simply because the
things I would include in there are never there.
Of course I still have to keep my oyster, garnishing, and pasta knives
in the cabinet drawer too so maybe I just need to design/build a better
Knife Block....

> Adamantius

Nichola
Whose knife block currently has a pink handled set of shears from the
dollar store, a Joan Chen Sushi Knife, my Henkles, my Chicago Cutlery
Pairing Knife cause I couldn't bare to part with that one, a serrated
utility knife for when I need it, and our newest addition the Ceramic
Bladed pairing knife.  (I am shopping for the Ceramic Chef's Knife.) ;)

Let's hear it for the mix matched knife block.