[Sca-cooks] OOP - Nectar de Rhubarbe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 8 11:40:26 PDT 2007

Petru commented:

<<< Fairway in  New York seems to hold Rhubarb Cider (what is
referred to
in the NY Times article) for 6.99 a bottle (US currency).

Mind you, it's probably not that hard to make. Rhubarb, sugar, water,
and a
quick stop by the local brewing shop to rent the CO2 machine (I'm
sorry, I
have no clue what it's called in English - actually, I'm not even
sure what
it's called in French!). >>>

When I was reading this I was expecting Petru to say "...and a quick
stop by the local brewing shop to get some yeast..."

So is there some reason you would want to inject CO2 rather than let
fermentation add any fizz? Or is there some reason that yeast
wouldn't work in this?  It is Rhubarb *Cider*, but then in the U.S.
at least some apple juice is sold as apple cider.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com