[Sca-cooks] OOP - Nectar de Rhubarbe

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 8 19:06:19 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
Ah!  I see.  Since I happen to like tart things I'm about to put in my
annual order with French Feast for their verjuice at
http://www.frenchfeast.com/products.htm#condiments   Domaine du Siorac .
Verjus . 75cl (25.4 fl oz) . Exp 08/31/07 . $12.30 now $9.84 .
It can be diluted for drinking or used for cooking (what a concept! grin).
Let me know what the Nectar de Rhubarbe tastes like.  I hate seeing all I
grow for show go to waste, but I can only eat so much rhubarb cobbler by
myself, and I actually don't care for strawberries and rhubarb except during
strawberry season with berries from the local Beaverton farmers market.

Regina  > > > >

Ya' know, since rhubarb scorches and dies in Georgia summers,I'd be willing
to pay someone to ship me some frozen stuff in dry ice.  My relatives in
Wisconsin don't send as much down as once they did, being older now and my
family not travelling up there to see them as much.  I jones for a good
rhubarb pie or cobbler every summer.  The rubbery junk we can get isn't near
so flavorful as the stuff we used to cut and eat from our back yard when I
was a young tot.

niccolo difrancesco