[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP NYT Article on Math Formula For the Perfect Bacon Sandwich...

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Wed Apr 11 10:26:03 PDT 2007

Weelll...

It so happens that I was at Art's Deli in Studio City, CA, a deli that transplanted NYC show-biz folk favor, and my nephew ordered the BLT.

Even as an acknowledged bacon-a-holic I have never seen so much bacon on one plate as that sandwich! Was there L & T? I don't know, mine eyes were dazzled.

There was at least as much bacon on that sandwich as Katz' piled on the brisket on a sandwich I still remember fondly from my last trip to NYC.

Hmmmm, I naughtily have some bacon at home - it's only still there because there was also lox at home - so maybe I should find me some good bread (wrist still not up to baking my own...:( ) and experiment.

Soooo - what kind of bread would one need to construct the perfect American bacon sandwich?

Renata