[Sca-cooks] My class at King's College

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 18 21:15:31 PDT 2007

Gunthar said about his King's College class:
<<< I'm sure some things will change but this at least is the outline.

Open fire cookery.

Demonstrating several methods of cooking over an open fire.
Cooking birds will be featured including spit roasting, spinning
chickens, pot roasted, stewed, friccassed, and clay baked.

While the birds cook other dishes will be prepared such as
buttered greens, griddle breads, steamed pudding, roasted
vegetables in pan drippings and syrup for a period drink.

Around 2 hours. >>>

Sounds wonderful. I'll have to try to take this class. we;ve talked
about most of these methods on this list, but I've not seen some of
them done in person.

2 hours. While reading it, I was wondering how long this class would
be. Unfortunately, I'm teaching my two hour hands-on pewter class and
a one hour class on the Florilegium. We'll have to see if they conflict.

I tried to teach the Florilegium class at Gulf  Wars but for the two
sessions, I only had one person attend and since that person has a
number of articles in the Florilegium, she wasn't unfamiliar with it.
We'll have to see. There may not be a conflict. :-)

This King's College is being held about an hour west of Houston,
Texas. Unlike most of the recent King's Colleges this one will be
held mostly outside, which is why they can have classes such as
Gunthar's. The site also has some barn type buildings so some
"indoor" classroom type classes can also be taught.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com