[Sca-cooks] My class at King's College

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:05:10 PDT 2007

>2 hours. While reading it, I was wondering how long this class would
>be. Unfortunately, I'm teaching my two hour hands-on pewter class and
>a one hour class on the Florilegium. We'll have to see if they conflict.

Well, I've been thinking about it and the class will be more like
3 hours. It will take around 2 hours just for a lot of the poultry
to cook. And then I need to add in demonstrating prep time and
then finishing the dishes and serving them afterwards.

I'll be at the spit most of the day with setup, building the fire and
getting the coals ready, prep work and then tear-down, cleanup,
burying the firepit, etc.

>This King's College is being held about an hour west of Houston,
>Texas. Unlike most of the recent King's Colleges this one will be
>held mostly outside, which is why they can have classes such as
>Gunthar's.

Yeah. It's going to be interesting.

>Stefan

Gunthar