[Sca-cooks] Wider Availability at Biglots

ringofkings at mindspring.com ringofkings at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 28 18:31:51 PDT 2007

Yes, there are lots of Biglots here in this area too.  However, they mostly
have off brands of grocery items.  Occasionaly, I find bargain priced olives
or Cucina pickled items there, but never more than two or three different
items per visit and 50% off to me is no great bargain for oils.  This odd
grocery in Lewisberg has 4 or 5 times the grocery items and a much larger
selection for 50-75% of Biglots prices and much, much more exotic stuff.

A Mom & Pop shop like this has much more interest to me than the national
chain.  Anyone else found a hidden trove for exotics?

Today, I found  6 oz. cans of wild caught crab claw meat (Thailand) for $1.19,
Torino Sundried Tomato Pesto (4.5 oz jar) for $.39, Atler Eco Red Quinoa
(1 lb.) from Bolivia for $.79 and Khoa Deng Ruby Rice (1 lb.) from Thialand
for $.79 and Perrier for $.30 a bottle.  I NEVER see this kind of stuff for
such reasonable prices at Biglots.  Does anyone?

About the rice and quinoa: I bought these just to try them.  Does anyone have
advice about good ways to prepare these?  Both of them are ancient varieties in
their regions of origin.

AkiM Yaroslavich