[Sca-cooks] rice and quinoa

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 29 19:07:50 PDT 2007

AkiM Yaroslavich asked:
<<< About the rice and quinoa: I bought these just to try them.  Does
anyone have
advice about good ways to prepare these?  Both of them are ancient
varieties in
their regions of origin.>>>

Quinoa is a New World grain. I don't think I have any recipes using
it in the Florilegium, but there are mentions of it in these files in
the FOOD-BREADS-GRAINS section:
Ancent-Grains-art (24K)  5/30/01    "Looking into Ancient Grains" by
Mistress
                                        Christianna MacGrain.
grains-msg        (82K)  3/28/06    Medieval grains. Recipes. Cooking.

For rice info, check this file, although most of the recipes using
rice are scattered among other files. You might try the Florilegium
search engine for some recipes.
rice-msg          (84K)  5/23/06    Period rice. Recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com