[Sca-cooks] OT/OOP Oven Smoker Bags???

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 29 05:58:01 PDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> I've not seen them or used them, but it sounds like a reasonable idea,
> especially when you want to smoke something during inclement weather!
>
> Kiri

For me, I'll sometimes add something like grilled shrimp to a white
bean salad, say, and for that I'll often use cast iron stovetop
grills with rosemary or thyme stems tucked down between the grill
ribs, so it's not so much a smoked food or dish as using a smoked
ingredient, but the flavor can be remarkable.

This strikes as something one could use along similar lines.

I've also considered setting up one of my Dutch ovens as a semi-
dedicated oven smoker, but it sounds like a bit of a hassle...

Adamantius