[Sca-cooks] Feast Menu for Atlantian Coronation

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Thu Aug 30 11:02:00 PDT 2007

>Greetings all.  I thought some of you may be interested to read the
>menu we have planned for Atlantian Coronation this Saturday.  We
>will serve (in theory) 200 plus High Table (12) and minions.  Enjoy
>the read.

>Beverages to be provided
>Water, Sekunjabin, Iced tea

I think of iced tea as one of the more strikingly OOP things the SCA
does. In your case, the use of tea fits the theme--but do we have any
evidence that it was drunk iced as well as hot in asia in period?

If I read the menu correctly, you are mixing period recipes with
modern ethnic recipes--at least, I don't know of any period source
for Ukrainian Cucumber Salad or some of the others. Do you do
anything to keep your diners from concluding that, since they are
being served in a medieval feast many of whose recipes are period,
they must be period as well?
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com