[Sca-cooks] Freezing sausage

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 10 09:39:34 PST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 12:11 PM, Michael Gunter wrote:

> pork shoulder, 1/4 amount of bacon,

Blade/butt or picnic? I've had some less-than-best experiences with
picnic, which  is attractive because it's usually pretty cheap around
here, but can be disappointing as sausage meat...

Now I usually use a mixture of blade roast and belly meat. Sufficient
fat without being ridiculous, and it's a nice, firm, sweet fat, not
like the stringy, too-soft fat on picnics.

Okay, I am informed I've used up my quota of opinionated-ness for the
week. I'll get back to you later...

Adamantius