[Sca-cooks] Period Flour Query and shortbread

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Feb 18 21:32:39 PST 2007

If she's a ginger freak like I am, probably all 3 at the same time.  I've
not done it with shortbread, but have done it quite successfully for over a
decade in ginger/molasses cookies.  The three gingers are in different
enough forms (powdered, fresh/grated, candied) that they lend different
ginger experiences to the cookies, as well as bringing subtler side-flavors,
and of course, textures.
They were one of that last things that my Mom wanted to eat, when she was
dying.  (That sounds wrong....what I meant was, they were good enough to
tempt her flagging appetite...that, and my Wiccan Chicken Soup ;o)
--Maire