[Sca-cooks] Honey child

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 17:43:27 PST 2007

Daniel Myers wrote:

Suey wrote:
> > now tell me how many teeth one must
> > have had to eat medium rare off a bone?

Having seen an 8 month old child eat steak I can safely say that the
answer to the above is zero.

I reply:

Wait a minute I may be a rusty as a mother and do not seem to be old
enough to be a grandmother yet thank heavens. But I do recall that in
spite of the fact that my youngest ate pured left overs, none of my
children could stand for jars from he pharmacy.  He had some teeth at 6
months when I took him to grammy's. He imitated everyone. Granddaddy was
so thrilled at having a grandson he bought him jelly filled Dunkin'
Donuts. Granddaddy found the baby was tearing off a bite and throwing
the rest to the dog. He did the same with bones. granddaddy too was a
bit rusty. My two year old who had a full set of teeth was not happy she
did not get first picks, she could masticate.
    At 8 months one has a few more teeth but how much was masticated?
We did not have the luxury of having dog at my home but have a photo at
one year when we celebrated his birthday party consisted of throwing the
pure over his head when he had enough of that and throwing the cake out
to the cat who was a disgusted as he as my cats never liked food with
sugar content.
    Now 'children', many years later eat little meat, fruit for dessert
and the rest of their meals consist of what is supposedly called
organic. Veggies are steamed or legumes are prepared in their pressure
cookers.
    Between milling today, fluoride, and these preparations I don't
think we are ruining the enamel of our teeth as much as in the 20th
century but I think I have a big problems in the 15th century.
    My point is that I get so interested and overwhelmed in my work I
forget to cite. Where did I read all that?  No one will buy my stuff if
I don't beef up. Honey et al killed teeth by the time one was 20 in the
Middle Ages. That is my blurb on teeth   I am most grateful to if you
can cite any matter to support my theory.
Susan
PS Back is better but cannot reply to more of your input today in spite
of my thanks to all. At night the pain sinks in again. Tomorrow will be
a good day and then I can reply the other mails I hope.