[Sca-cooks] Putting this list to the task...

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Sat Jan 20 22:40:24 PST 2007

At 09:59 PM 1/20/2007,rattkitten said something like:
>Ok folks let's try a test...
>Prices right now in your area for Eye of Round... and I mean the Best
>prices... I am talking you walk by it and go Holy Sh*& that's a great
>price!!!!
>We paid $15.00 for 2 bottom Rounds the other day and got like 8 meals
>out of them after cutting and freezing...
>So I am just curious to see what prices folks are paying for things...
>And finally would you be willing, and have the knowledge on how to go
>buy said product and ship it?
>That is the "Test Part" of this email....
>
>Now it has been 1 1/2 years for me since I was on here... so I need to
>ask ... are my Atlanta Ga. folks still here?  If so I need a favor... I
>need a price check the next time you are at the Oriental Market, and
>International Market.  Any help available?
>Otherwise I will make the trip and find out for myself.
>
>I just think this would be a great help to this whole list.
>It seems kinda silly but what the heck... Price Check on Aisle 9....
>
>Nichola

Are we talking household use, or feast use?

I pulled up the prices for the San Diego Restaurant Depot, and found:
BEEF HALAL R/W EYE ROUND $2.34
BEEF TOP ROUND SELECT INSIDE ROUND $1.99
INSIDE TOP ROUNDS HALAL $2.49
TOP ROUNDS DENUDED HALAL $2.00
SUPERIOR CH ANGUS EYE ROUND $2.39
SUPERIOR CH ANGUS INSIDE TOP ROUNDS $2.07

All of those are price per pound, but if you can afford to cut it up and
freeze it for household use, it's pretty economical.

Cheers,
maggie MacD.