[Sca-Cooks] dazed and confused

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Tue Jul 24 06:05:21 PDT 2007

In reading your posts (and trying, only partially successfully, to ignore the flaming bits), it sounds almost as if you were using the archives in the same way a person would choose to read messages from a yahoo list on-line (I.e., at the website of the list).  I actually do that for a couple of the 30-odd lists of which I'm a member, primarily because I just plain can't keep up with the flood of messages that pass through them every day (talking 100s and 100s here....), and reading them on the web allows me some control over which messages I read. However, I'm still a.  a member of these lists, and b. while I'm a list member, I wouldn't exactly consider myself a member of some sort of "community" unless I were actually participating, if only occasionally.  I sure as heck don't feel "shut out" because some group would prefer I participate on some infinitesimal level before I can use their resources--that's just plain common courtesy.
While I can understand your frustration with your flagged messages, I really don't see why that frustration gives you license to be nasty to Master A or to any of us.  If you have an issue with how this list in particular is run, take it up with Gunthar, who owns it.  It's his living room, after all.  If you have a problem with how the ansteorra.org server functions, take it up with the gentle people who own it.  It's their apartment complex (to extend an analogy).  But stop yelling at your neighbors when it's not their fault.
--maire