[Sca-Cooks] Quality of the new T.I.

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Jul 30 06:53:25 PDT 2007

>There is another possibility that I think you are all missing-it is
>also possible that those Articles are ALL they ever get!

As I commented in another exchange on the subject, blank pages are
better than an article that spreads false information about our
period.

>I happen to know two of the past Editors in question. They were
>constantly requesting good articles, and seldom getting them. They
>begged, they pleaded, they conjoled-to be met with rather academic
>silence!

I can't remember receiving any such requests in the past decade,
although my web site has lots of articles on it on SCA related
subjects.

>Every editor wants a good magazine, but, if the articles don't come
>in, what are they going to do?

Publish a shorter magazine, if the alternative is publishing bad
articles. Do a better job of looking for articles--most obviously,
have or develop contacts in the community of people who do research.

--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com