[Sca-cooks] Seige Cooking May War

Maggie MacD. maggie5 at cox.net
Tue Jun 12 06:07:53 PDT 2007

At 11:58 PM 6/11/2007,Bj Jane Tremaine said something like:
>We got best period use of supplies, and a lot of fun.  I can not remember
>the name of the team who took both best presentation and first place, but
>they had 2 cooks and were well deserving.
>
>My favoret reciepe is the chicken in a cream sauce. We are going to use in a
>future repast for the College of St Isadore. (San Diego State College)
>
>Jana Aoibeall
>CAID, Calafia, Blacken Pot and Drafn

The team that took best presentation and first place was Dragon and the
Fair Maidens, using four cooks, one of which also scribed.
We are SO having full time scribes next time.
We did 21 dishes, and I can get a list of it later.

The contest was also judged by our own Dame Selene, who we dutifully kept
far far FAR away from our kitchen and preparations (as she was hosted in my
household's camp).

Baron David of Calafia is putting together a cook book that comprises all
the recipes presented in the siege cookoff, as there were way too many
wonderful dishes to even start to list.

Cheers,
Maggie MacD.
part of "Dragon and the Fair Maidens".