[Sca-cooks] Medieval Chili

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 19 10:48:51 PDT 2007

Vitaliano Vincenzi wrote:

> And thank you for the sources, I see I really need to do a lot more
> research to make this "chili" for the event. And now you bring bread
> into the discussion - I love to dip good sourdough bread into my chili,
> or maybe I could make some small sourdough chili breadbowls.
>
> Dang it, you people make me think too much. :(

If you think we're gonna APOLOGIZE for that, you've got another thing
coming!

I'd like to look at that article.  The magazine might be available in
stores still, you think?  The diffusion of the chili pepper is only one
of many New World foods that got "naturalized" in the Old World.  It's
hard to think of Hungarian cookery before Paprika, or England before
chips, tomato or spam.  <grin>

Selene