[Sca-cooks] Roast piggy was Doing my best from digest Issue 22

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 7 10:23:20 PST 2007

> I do wonder if the 4 'sticks' that are specified might
> be intended so the piglet can 'stand up' as the lamb
> in the first recipe is made to do using spits, rather
> than just to keep piglet from sliding around.

I originally discounted this idea because of my experience with oven roasted
pig, but in going over the recipe again, I spotted that this was roasted on
a grill, which changes how soft the meat gets, so I think this idea is spot
on.

> BTW, Im loving all this discussion of things German.
> Ranveig, your line by line translation was quite
> good... I would be happy to host it (and other
> translations you have done, if you dont mind my
> looking it over first) with my stuff, or link to it if
> you have a place you are posting your translations.
>
> In Service (and in need of morning caffeine)
> Gwen Cat

Suck up some more caffieine and get hyper!

BTW, any idea when you are going to do a feast again?  Margaret and I are
spending a little more time in the Outlands now that we have property in St.
Golias.  Actually got to Midwinter in Al-barran last year.

Bear