[Sca-cooks] Looking for sausage casings

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Tue May 1 05:39:03 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
I just got a new sausage stuffer attachment for my Kitchenade
so, of course, I simply MUST make link sausages.
I have a couple of wonderful recipes to try. But the problem is
that I can't find a source for the casings. So far every grocery
store butcher shop I've gone to does not sell casings. Not
even the places that make their own sausage!

I've been told to check out the more ethnic markets like
Fiesta so that is my next step. Mistress Clara told me she
got her casings through the mail but can't remember the
vendor.

So, any suggestions for sausage casing vendors in the Dallas
area?

Gunthar > > > > > > > > > >

You might even try Whole Foods, if there is one nearby.  Several, several
years back I bought casings at Harry's Farmers Market here in North Atlanta.
Whole Foods bought them out.  I seem to recall buying frmo them once after
the changeover.  It's worth a phone call if you have one locally.

niccolo difrancesco