[Sca-cooks] How do you reconstitute dried chestnuts?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 18:38:52 PST 2007

I did check them out.  Our local store [San Gabriel] didn't have any and they didn't offer to see
if other stores did.  I also checked Whole Foods.  So I drove to the Somis Nut House and bought
their dried chestnuts.  Since I have them and know that I have to boil them/soak them over night,
I will do so Tuesday night, so they will be perfect for Thursday.  Thank you for letting me know.
I will check TJ's again at some of the other stores [Monrovia and Pasadena] and have some in the
freezer for future use.

Huette