[Sca-cooks] How do you reconstitute dried chestnuts?

V A phoenissa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:43:06 PST 2007

I'm coming to this thread a little late, but:

Huette, if Monrovia/Pasadena is local for you, you should *definitely*
check out Nicole's Gourmet Foods in South Pasadena.... which is where
my mom always stocked up on frozen peeled chestnuts before TJs started
carrying them. ;-)  Nicole also carries a tremendous (in quality more
than quantity) selection of cheeses and chocolates, baking goods, sea
salts, oils and vinegars (including verjus) and many other goodies.
She started her business doing wholesale imports for restaurants, so
she has plenty of interesting and delicious things.  *Awesome* place.

http://www.nicolesgourmetfoods.com/home.htm

Happy shopping!

Vittoria
(grew up in Pasadena, and heading down there tonight for the holiday...!)